After my four day weekend, I went back to work feeling that much better about life. Helleyne had to go back to London on the 8th and I wanted to get together again before she left. Valentina is always saying how Francesca, their last American nanny, always went out to the club on weeknights. She would go out after the kids went to bed and wake up to get the kids off to school and go back to bed all day once they left. She asked once why I never do that. The answer being that I had no idea that I could. Also, they lived in Milan when Francesca was here, and there is much more to do in Milan on a weeknight than in Brescia. But since Thursday is live music night at Seconda Classe, I went out on a work night for the first time with Helly and her sister Andri. It was slightly difficult since Gigi doesn't want to sleep before midnight lately and I have to wait until he's asleep to go out. But by sheer luck though I wasn't the only one running late, and we ended up heading to the club at 12:15.
It was a good night, we danced, we drank, we talked, we flirted. We closed down the bar and met 2 Argentinian guys on the walk to the car. We stood around and chatted for another half an hour and then we started home. It's really strange because I understand Italian better when I'm listening to other people talk than when they are talking directly to me. I think it's because when they are speaking directly to me, I'm hurrying to translate my answer into Italian. We had some good talks and listened to some good music on the ride home. All and all the evening was a success.
Friday I got a little bit carried away. I'd had so much fun going out with the girls lately that I really wanted to go again. Especially since Friday is the big night out in Brescia, and it was Helly's last Friday in town. Since 3 weeks previous when I'd gotten an invite while working, Valentina said I couldn't go out on a Friday in case I got home too late and was exhausted/hungover the rest of the weekend. So I didn't have much hope, but when I asked if I could go to the Piazza for an hour after the kids went to bed, Vale said I could.
My original plan was to drive separately since I had to go home early, but Helly said it'd be easier for parking for her to drive and it was no problem to get me. I figured if I needed to leave before her then I could take a cab. Which was totally fine since I assumed we were going to Piazza Arnaldo a mile away from my house. Well...they say assumptions make an ass out of you and me. They do. We actually went to a club on the other side of town, and after the entrance fee for the table we booked, I didn't have enough cash for a cab home. Plus, I really didn't want to go home early anyways. Helly said she was leaving at like 2, so I just decided to go home with her when she left. Drinks were included in our table, but I only had one since I knew I'd be working all weekend and was already dreading the morning. But it was still a really great time. I liked this club way better than the one from the weekend before, even though they were both like something from a music video. The music at this one was way better. The DJ was fantastic and the dancing was out of control. We left around 2, but we ended up sitting in the car talking for a while before I actually went in. That was probably the best part of my week. As much fun as it is to go out, I miss having heart-to-hearts and just bonding with people. It's sort of difficult to do in the middle of the dance floor.
All-in-all I didn't get in until around 2:30ish, which didn't go over very well. I woke up on time, I miraculously wasn't tired, and I was a fantastic play mate all day...but apparently that didn't make up for the fact that I was an hour and a half late getting in. I felt sort of like Cinderella when she gets in trouble for going to the ball. She asks why I don't ever go out, but when I went out I got scolded for it. Oh well. I guess I can only go out out on weeknights. But it was totally worth it for Helly's last weekend here. Either way, I had fun.
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento