The kids put on a Christmas show for school, which was all in English. Alessia was given a solo but she was too shy, so they added three of her best friends to sing it with her. We started practicing for the show before Thanksgiving, so I was glad when it was over so I could stop singing the same songs over and over. Gigi was dressed like an angel and refused to let go of his toy gun until we got to the theater (which was ironically hilarious) and Ale was a snowman. It was a little bit disappointing because Alessia knew not only every word to her songs, but the words to Giorgio's songs too. But she was too shy to sing on stage with much gusto. And then Giorgio -who has no problem whatsoever with gusto- is too little to know all of the words. So he just jumped up and down shouting unintelligibly. They did a free dance at the end though, and Gigi was brilliant in that because he LOVES to dance. By the end of the show Ale (who had refused to take a nap) was exhausted and spent the last 10 minutes with her finger up her nose, to her fathers great horror. Of course it's all on video. Fingers crossed it gets played at her wedding someday.
Christmas day I was invited to eat lunch with them with Valentina's family in Padova. But apparently accepting this invite also meant excepting the fact that I'd be working on Christmas. So upon learning this an hour before they left, I begged off saying I got a late invite to a lunch in Milano. Since everyone I know in Milano had plans or left the country for Christmas, I walked around the little Christmas village market they'd set up for the holidays and bought olive wood spoons like my mom. I flirted with the guy that ran the stand and for the small price of my phone number I got a pasta measurer for free. I also took in the GIANT Tiffany & Co Christmas tree in la Piazza del Duomo. It's magnificent. After I went back to Brescia I finished my packing for my trip to visit Cheryl's family in England and I Skyped my own family during their Christmas get together. Nothing like 20 people crowded round 1 computer. Of course I pick the year to live abroad when my Aunt Dennis and Uncle Lynda come from California for Christmas. Bad timing I say. But it was a Merry Christmas all in all and now I get to spend a fabulous New Year's in England!

so that little boy is ridiculously cute, i just thought i'd throw that out there.
RispondiEliminaEveryone loves him. Old ladies stop in the street to coo at him and compliment his mother on producing such a perfect Italian specimen. He's got charisma :)
RispondiElimina