I've already gone out of order for my trips, but I thought that my return to Firenze was worth a post. I went back to Firenze -the city of my first Italian adventure- in the first weekend of November. Unfortunately I took no pictures this time around.
What I did take was lots of shots. My first night in Florence -after walking around to all of our old haunts, and old apartments, and eating pear ravioli at one of our old favorite restaurants- I met a group of Americans. Chris, Jocelyn, and Jordan wrapped me into the folds of what they called "Team America." We sat around the common room in my hostel and swapped Greek Life stories and travel tales. Jordan was an au pair in Luxembourg and Jocelyn was an au pair in Germany, so we had plenty of common ground. Chris was traveling around the world to take a break from life as a bartender since he couldn't put his Chemistry degree to good use. We played some drinking games, went to a bar, and then ended up going out dancing at the club that my Jersey roommates practically lived at 2 years ago. It was a fantastic night of letting everything go and just dancing it out.
The next day we hit up the Duomo and San Lorenzo market together. We ate kebabs twice and played more drinking games and some beer pong on a hostel rooftop with a gorgeous panoramic view of the entire city. It's true what Europeans say, Americans drink a lot :) But I figured since I've seen the sites I might as well have fun for the weekend.
While walking around and shopping for the weekend I bought a great Christmas ornament and a really beautiful, famous Tuscan-leather cowl neck jacket. But it was a really great weekend of going out and bonding with my fellow countrymen and feeling like a part of a group.
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento