12.28.2010

Rimini

To go over some of my past adventures....we went to Rimini over the Italian version of Memorial Day weekend which was over Halloween.

Rimini is a very touristic city. The boardwalk is full of arcades and clubs. The entire beach is sectioned off into numbered "beaches" that are small snack bars with volleyball nets and play grounds where you have to rent chairs or umbrellas to be able to sit on the sand in front of them. The concept of a public beach is dead in Italy, but its convenient that for the price of a beach chair you can borrow sea kayaks and the like for free.

Rimini has by far the best seafood I've ever tasted. The uncle of the kids I watch owns a restaurant and when we had dinner there I'm pretty sure he served us the entire menu. We ate tuna paté on toasted bread, and about 3 different varieties of prawns, sun fish, lobster, and crab and every other sort of fish or crustacean you could ever imagine was edible. By the time we were finished I was so full I could barely move, but every bite was delectable.

I took a walk on the beach in the rain one day when I was free, and I couldn't tear my eyes away from the kite boarders. I sat and watched them for nearly 2 hours.  So now that is my new goal for the summer. I want to learn how to kite surf. It looks somewhat similar to wake boarding so I hope it isn't much more difficult. I'm thinking that I'll have to do more Pilates to be in good enough shape to do jumps and flips and stuff. I get a month paid vacation in September so I'm thinking that I want to go somewhere tropical for a few weeks. I've wanted to get certified for scuba diving since age 10 so I figured this year would be the perfect opportunity. So I might as well try kiteboarding as well while I'm at it. It looks like FUN!


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento